Workshop – Electronic Music and Sound Design in Ableton Live
Alongside my private teachings, i decided to prepare a short-time structure for music/sound enthusiasts, to learn what they need to be able to start making electronic music and sound design for videos, podcasts or theater.
In these 3 days of workshops, students will learn about main concepts and tools of computer music and sound design, containing basic steps to very advanced compositional and sound editing techniques.
Below, You can find the teaching syllables and a short description. The amount of focus on different sections and fields varies depending on the type of participants and their interest, but you can consider it as a general plan.
– Getting to know Ableton Live,
– Understanding sound and how to create and manipulate it
– Introduction to sampling and how to work with samples
– Getting to know Midi and how to work with it
– Understanding synthesizers and sound synthesis
– Getting to know audio effects, to use them
– Getting to know the concepts and tools needed for Electronic music and sound design in Ableton:
Sequencers, Envelopes, Filter, Lfo, Mapping, Midi effects
You can download the syllables here: Teaching Syllables
Recommendation letter from Danish Royal Academy of Arts; Letter
On the last day, if there’s anything that we could not cover during the other days, will be checked, in addition to some tips on general audio production, mixing and mastering. Here you will be more on your own with your projects and are free to ask anything you would like to know more about.